03 July 2007

Lots of New Stuff

I have not been the most attentive blogger of late; then again, I'm sure the ten people who have viewed my entries haven't missed me.

Since signing up for Ironman CdA 2008, I have gone on a Tri bender. Between the purchase of a Ceverlo Dual Tri bike with Easton Vista racing wheels and signing up for Ironman California 70.3 in Oceanside, I have been busy planning out my training for the next year.

Looks like I may get the opportunity to join a local Ironman Team that has an unmatched record since 2004. It would be an exceptional opportunity to train with elite athletes and learn from their vast experience. I truly hope that comes to fruition.

My training has been fairly straightforward over the last ten days or so, with some good intesity leading up to my race at Hagg Lake this weekend. This will be my first Olympic Triathlon, so I am interested to see how my body reacts to the long distance. My gut tells me it will enjoy the duration, but we'll have to see. Except a full race report on Sunday. No goals for this race.

I did experience a bit of over-reaching myself (instead of the medical term over-training) last week after a killer bike ride with some friends out at Nike. We rode from the World Headquarters to Pumpkin Ridge Golf Course and back, hammering the flats and really pushing the hills. Most of the riders were CAT 2 guys, and were very patient with my lack of group riding skills and fitness. As my coach has told me...swim with swimmers, ride with cyclists, run with runners...and you will become better faster.

1 comment:

fdhghg said...

Small world...
AJ, I saw a comment you made on SlowTwitch and followed your username to here.

It's John Fischer from CMC.

Congrats on getting into the world of triathlon. I made the plunge in 2004 and have not looked back.

2 Ironman finishes (AZ 2006, CdA 2007) later and I am ready to go back to CdA in June 2008 for number 3. I'll also be out at Oceanside next March - great race there, be sure and get in your bike hills...

Train hard, train smart, train safe.