09 April 2008

Starting Over

As I read my last entry in my blog, the Las Vegas Marathon race report, I kinda smile. Up until that point, my last year was work, wife, train, race. The only things on my radar were prepping for the California 70.3, IM CdA, and building our estate winery. All of that changed on December 21st.

The Reader’s Digest version of my holiday season was dueling head traumas and an extended stay in Portland’s Emanuel Hospital, specifically ICU. What my body and family endured for the better part of a month are things I would not wish on anyone. The net result was brain surgery and I have been recovering since.

So here I am alive and kicking via superb trauma and neuro doctors. I went from the best shape of my life to damn near dying. Now it is time to start over.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Wow. It's really frightening to think how quickly your life can change. I am so glad that you had a great team taking care of you and are still here to battle back. And probably with a much better perspective on what is important in life than most...

Jodi