19 September 2007

Recovery

Not much to report from the last few days. This is my first race where I actually had to recover, so I am learning the process as I go.

Sunday was a travel day back from Grand Coulee, Washington, with much of the ride spent reflecting upon the prior day's events. Monday was back in the home office, with no pain left, but definitely sleeping very hard at night. Tuesday I felt like I could have at least undertaken a wee swim, but decided to enjoy a deep tissue massage to work out the kinks from the 2 months of training and the rigors of the race. According to Julia, my superb massage therapist, everything released well, and I am as good as new.

I hope to get in a swim this evening, but nothing over 2000 meters according to Coach Dave. Looking forward to a ride this weekend with my Ironhead teammates, but will avoid the interval work (even though I don't want to).

Here is a photo from the race, for your viewing pleasure. And yes, I do look like a NASCAR with my race uniform.

1 comment:

Dave Ciaverella, Odyssey Coaching said...

Nice Photo....I would buy that one if i were you...they dont usually come out that good!

dc