19 June 2007

Making Up for Lost Time

So it has been quite some time since I have checked in, and the training has continued. I have hit a stretch in the vineyard where things are growing much faster than I can manage (this happens every June), and daylight savings time continues to save my ass.

Here is a sampling of my training since last Friday…

Friday

2400 meter swim long course
30 minutes of light high repetition weights
10 minutes pilates abs

Saturday

1 hour 7 minute continuous hill climb ride with my buddy Drew

Sunday

Race pace 5k with my yellow lab, Dash

Monday

Master’s Swim with Coach Thomas and the Tri-Team

400 swim warm up

6 x 50 free
6 x 50 kick

6 x 100 dolphin kick

4 x 250 free
4 x 50 free

4 x 50 swim head above water (sighting)

TOTAL = 3000 meters

Tuesday

5 mile run at 7 minute 45 second pace on slight rollers

Tomorrow will be some brutal swimming with the Master’s Team again and some weight, followed by a long bike ride with Drew as our wives do their book club deal.

No comments: