25 September 2007

Back in the Pool

So last night was my first Master's Swim workout since the beginning of August. I was not overly excited for it, as my favorite coach Tomas was no longer leading our workouts anymore. Change in the routine...not my favorite when it comes to training. Yeah, yeah...I need to be more flexible.

Not only was Tomas no longer leading the workout, no coach showed up at all. Dave, Ann, and I decided to snag the notebook with the morning workout in it and whored off that. I have to say I felt really strong.

800 wu mix free, pull and kick
10 X 25 on 30 sec cycle
mixed set total of 12 X 100 with descending rest each set of 4, 20 sec/15 sec/10 sec
pulled between the sets, 400/300/200
350 pull cd
All 100's (yd) 120-125, pulls around 1:30/100 pace.

TOTAL: 3500 yards

This whole base training thing is for the birds. I find myself seeking out Ironhead's who have the 70.3 (Half Ironman) World Championships in a few weeks and train with them. To give you a window into the group of people that I train with, 6 of them are prepping for this race with likely Kona spots in their sights. These people are monsters.

No comments: